Skip to main content

Followers

Rescuing Macie by Susan Stoker

Rescuing Macie (Delta Force Heroes Novella)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Rescuing Macie is a short novella which I felt was a quick read. It was a relatively light book compared to other books by Susan Stoker.

The story has an exceptionally gripping start with Macie climbing out her bedroom window to get away from intruders. Macie’s anxiety was heartbreaking to witness but at the same time it was very realistic. I am sure there are a lot of people who have anxiety issues, maybe not to the same extent but a little anxiety is present in every person. Colt was a calming influence on Macie and it was nice to see him always being so understanding of Macie’s issues and helping her through them without a single complaint. I liked how even though Macie suffered from anxiety issues, she still did not hesitate to defend Colt when needed.

I felt that the relationship between Colt and Macie could have been developed a little better. At the start of the book itself, Macie trusts Colt more than anyone else so I just hoped to see a little more of how that trust developed over time. Also, I wished there were a few more scenes involving Macie and Truck. This book introduced Trigger and his team as well and I am excited to see how their stories develop. Overall, I liked this book but I would have liked if it was slightly longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Elusive Sun by Rebecca Hefner

My rating:  5 of 5 stars The Elusive Sun far surpassed my expectations. If you liked The End of Hatred then you will absolutely love The Elusive Sun. A big congratulations to Rebecca Hefner for writing yet another enthralling novel. The Elusive Sun is the story of Latimus, Sathan’s brother and the vampyre army’s commander and Lila, the sweet aristocrat who will definitely win your heart. I was so excited for their story ever since I first came across the two characters in The End of Hatred and I must say it was worth the wait. I think I liked Latimus even more than Sathan. Even though he was mean before, his transition after what happened to Lila amazed me. He was strong, sweet and so romantic in his efforts to court Lila that it made me swoon. But, at the same time he was a warrior at heart. Lila was kind, resilient and her true strength was highlighted after she suffered a major tragedy. I loved how Latimus was always there for Lila and vice versa even when they did their best ...

Securing Brenae by Susan Stoker

My rating:  5 of 5 stars Securing Brenae is Rear Admiral Dag Creasy and Brenae Creasy’s story. We first met Dag in Securing Caite and even though he played a small part in that book, it intrigued me enough to want his own story and Susan Stoker definitely did not disappoint. This book is different from others written by Susan Stoker because it focuses on a couple that has already been married for 30 years and how despite of all odds and hardships they still love each other as much as they did when they first met if not more. Dag and Brenae first met when Dag was a student in the Naval Academy and Brenae was a waitress. I loved how confident and honest Dag was since the beginning. He was strong and he radiated power without pulling his rank. The thing that I loved about him was that even though he was so strong and responsible, he didn’t hesitate from being vulnerable in front of Brenae. Brenae was the perfect partner for Dag. She was smart, supportive and understanding and never ...

The Reluctant Savior by Rebecca Hefner

My rating:  5 of 5 stars Rebecca has delivered yet another 5-star book with everything that we’ve come to expect from her. An endearing, sexy-as-sin hero and a strong and stubborn heroine. This book started from Darkrip and Arderin’s ceremony before the epilogue in The Darkness Within and is focussed on Kenden and Evie’s love story as well as preparing to defeat the Dark Lord Crimeous once and for all. Kenden was a sweetheart. He was smart, strong and his patience with Evie was immeasurable. Evie was witty, brash and obstinate. Kenden and Evie were the perfect match and I was rooting for them since the first time Kenden ventured into the human world to look for Evie. Darkrip and Evie’s brother-sister bond was delightful. The anticipation that has been building since the first book regarding the war to defeat Crimeous was well worth the wait. The battle was epic and the final moment left me speechless. There were a couple of surprises as well in the book. We finally got to see the...