Skip to main content

Followers

Trigger by L.P. Dover

Trigger (Circle of Justice, #1)


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“A killer . . . that’s what I am.
It’s what I do. 
It’s what I live for.”

These lines were what made me decide to read Trigger even before finishing reading the synopsis. 
Trigger is a story of love, justice and revenge. It is a story of family and brotherhood. It is the story of Preston Hale and Emma Turner. Preston Hale is a part of a secret group whose main aim is to get justice for those who escaped the legal system. Emma Turner works as a personal assistant for a very powerful man, Glenn Chandler who was the key to bringing Preston and Emma back together. 

There was a time when Preston and Emma were very close, right before Preston disappeared without a trace. Fast forward a couple of years and Preston and Emma meet again and their chemistry was stronger than ever. Initially, Preston was not very good towards Emma but his true feelings came forward when Emma’s life was at stake. I loved what all the Chandlers did to bring Preston and Emma back together. Emma was a firecracker. She was kind and sassy at the same time. I loved how Preston and Emma were equally responsible for bringing justice against the person who murdered Preston’s mother and sister. 

There was something always happening in the book which made it really difficult to put down. Can’t wait to read about the rest of the Chandlers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Elusive Sun by Rebecca Hefner

My rating:  5 of 5 stars The Elusive Sun far surpassed my expectations. If you liked The End of Hatred then you will absolutely love The Elusive Sun. A big congratulations to Rebecca Hefner for writing yet another enthralling novel. The Elusive Sun is the story of Latimus, Sathan’s brother and the vampyre army’s commander and Lila, the sweet aristocrat who will definitely win your heart. I was so excited for their story ever since I first came across the two characters in The End of Hatred and I must say it was worth the wait. I think I liked Latimus even more than Sathan. Even though he was mean before, his transition after what happened to Lila amazed me. He was strong, sweet and so romantic in his efforts to court Lila that it made me swoon. But, at the same time he was a warrior at heart. Lila was kind, resilient and her true strength was highlighted after she suffered a major tragedy. I loved how Latimus was always there for Lila and vice versa even when they did their best ...

Securing Brenae by Susan Stoker

My rating:  5 of 5 stars Securing Brenae is Rear Admiral Dag Creasy and Brenae Creasy’s story. We first met Dag in Securing Caite and even though he played a small part in that book, it intrigued me enough to want his own story and Susan Stoker definitely did not disappoint. This book is different from others written by Susan Stoker because it focuses on a couple that has already been married for 30 years and how despite of all odds and hardships they still love each other as much as they did when they first met if not more. Dag and Brenae first met when Dag was a student in the Naval Academy and Brenae was a waitress. I loved how confident and honest Dag was since the beginning. He was strong and he radiated power without pulling his rank. The thing that I loved about him was that even though he was so strong and responsible, he didn’t hesitate from being vulnerable in front of Brenae. Brenae was the perfect partner for Dag. She was smart, supportive and understanding and never ...

The Reluctant Savior by Rebecca Hefner

My rating:  5 of 5 stars Rebecca has delivered yet another 5-star book with everything that we’ve come to expect from her. An endearing, sexy-as-sin hero and a strong and stubborn heroine. This book started from Darkrip and Arderin’s ceremony before the epilogue in The Darkness Within and is focussed on Kenden and Evie’s love story as well as preparing to defeat the Dark Lord Crimeous once and for all. Kenden was a sweetheart. He was smart, strong and his patience with Evie was immeasurable. Evie was witty, brash and obstinate. Kenden and Evie were the perfect match and I was rooting for them since the first time Kenden ventured into the human world to look for Evie. Darkrip and Evie’s brother-sister bond was delightful. The anticipation that has been building since the first book regarding the war to defeat Crimeous was well worth the wait. The battle was epic and the final moment left me speechless. There were a couple of surprises as well in the book. We finally got to see the...